(A) Purposes of Collection of Personal Information
Fubon Life will collect your Personal Information through distribution channels, website, social networking service (SNS), or provision of insurance products and services. Personal Information includes your name, gender, date of birth, identity card / passport / travel document number, nationality, citizenship, residency, tax residency and tax identification number, social security number, contact information (including email, SNS and computing and communication device identification number, residential / correspondence address, telephone / mobile / fax number), family history, health and medical information, financial information, employment record, educational background, investment portfolio, bank and credit card account information, and insurance policy information ("Personal Information"). It may be mandatory for you to provide certain categories of Personal Information (as specified at the time of collection). Failure to supply such information may result in Fubon Life being unable to establish or continue the business relationship, or to provide products and services to you.
Personal Information is collected for the following purposes:
(1) Processing insurance application or request for products and services;
(2) Administering and processing insurance policies, insurance claims, medical and underwriting and anti-money laundering checks;
(3) Processing payment instructions and collecting premiums, determining and recovering any indebtedness owing to or from you;
(4) Verifying customer identity and eligibility for insurance, conducting credit assessment, credit scoring models or statistical or behavioural analysis, and on-going customer due diligence;
(5) Performing policy review and needs analysis;
(6) Performing any functions and activities related to products and services including but not limited to marketing, audit, reporting, designing, research, analysis, reinsurance, and general servicing and maintenance of online and other services;
(7) Conducting statistical and actuarial research, customers segmentation and analysis and maintaining customers profile, conducting data matching for any of the purposes listed in Section A, and developing underwriting and/or claims database for detection of fraud (which may result to any actions adverse to your interests);
(8) Communicating with customers / visitors of our website;
(9) Meeting disclosure and complying with any contractual commitments or other requirements imposed by any local or foreign legal, regulatory, governmental, judicial or tax authorities (whether within or outside Hong Kong);
(10) other purposes as notified at the time of collection; and
(11) fulfilling any other purposes directly related to (1) to (10) above.
(B) Retention and Security of Personal Information
Fubon Life ensures all its employees to uphold the obligations and requirements as imposed by the Ordinance and comply with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality. Fubon Life may retain your Personal Information so long as necessary in order to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected in accordance with Section (A). Fubon Life applies practicable security measures to prevent unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use including limiting physical access to Personal Information within Fubon Life's systems, restricting access of Personal Information to relevant employees on a "need-to-know" basis, providing relevant training to its employees to handle Personal Information properly, and applying encryption (e.g. TLS) of sensitive data when transferring such data. Reasonable steps will be taken to delete or destroy the Personal Information when it is no longer necessary for any of the purposes set out in Section (A) unless prohibited under any law or public interest requires otherwise.
(C) Transfer of Personal Information (including Policy Information and Claims History)
Personal Information including policy information and claims history (including claims nature and status) held by Fubon Life will be kept confidential but may be transferred to the following transferees and stored or processed within or outside Hong Kong (including but not limited to Taiwan) for any of the purposes set out in Section (A) above:
(1) Fubon Life's parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies;
(2) insurance intermediaries;
(3) reinsurance companies;
(4) joint promotion / co-branding / partnering banking and/or financial institutions;
(5) third party administrators, claims investigation company, loss adjusters, medical bill review companies, risk intelligence providers and professional advisors;
(6) third party service providers that provide administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, printing, redemption and reward, research, debt collection, credit reference, data processing, information technology, hosting, mailing, system security, medical services, emergency assistance services, customer services, insurance premium collection and other services in support of Fubon Life's business operation;
(7) industry associations and federations and their member insurance companies, and intermediaries, professional advisors, and organizations that consolidate claims, underwriting and other information, detect fraudulent activities, and handle or facilitate the sharing of information and development of insurance industry, domestic and foreign regulators, government agencies and tax authorities, law enforcement agencies, courts and judicial bodies that Fubon Life and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies are subject to; and
(8) other parties as notified at the time of collection.
Fubon Life has taken all reasonable precautions and exercised due diligence to ensure that your personal information will be handled in accordance with the Ordinance. Fubon Life adopts contractual measures, auditing and oversight mechanism to monitor the compliance of transferees described above with the data protection requirements under the Ordinance.
(D) Use of Personal Information in Direct Marketing
Fubon Life intends to use your name and contact information in direct marketing of its insurance products and services (including reward, loyalty or privileges programmes) and send to you promotional materials of Fubon Life, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, its joint promotion / co-branding partners and partnering banking and/or financial institutions (the names of such partners can be found in the relevant promotional materials) provided that Fubon Life will not use or disclose your name and contact information to any other third parties for direct marketing purpose without your consent. If you do not wish to receive any of such direct marketing promotion, offers and materials, you may exercise your opt-out right by notifying Fubon Life.
When you access our website, technical information may be collected about your device and activities on our website. Fubon Life may record your visit only as a "hit" and make a record of your visit that includes but not limited to IP addresses (and domain names), the types and configurations of browsers and third party analytic and searching tools, language settings, geo-locations, operating systems, previous sites visited, time/duration and the pages visited.
Fubon Life may use "cookies" (pieces of information relating to your preferences set by our website or third party analytic and searching tools to your browser and stored on your computer hard-drive or mobile device secondary storage) which enable our website to remember you and your preferences when you visit our website, facilitate the content display, improve customers' experience and collect statistics, and enable Fubon Life to tailor our website to your needs and provide better service. You have a choice not to accept cookies by disabling this function and changing your browser settings, but if you do, certain functionalities (including but not limited to banner redirection and content display) may not be available.
Fubon Life will not collect any information which identifies your personal identity until you decide to buy or subscribe its insurance products and services or consent to its direct marketing.
Our website may contain links to third party websites. Fubon Life has no control over the content of such third party websites or the way that the operators of these websites deal with your Personal Information. You should review the privacy policies applicable to these third party websites to understand the ways in which these third parties may deal with your Personal Information.
(F) Data Access and Correction Right
You have the right to :
(1) request access to Personal Information;
(2) request correction of any Personal Information which is inaccurate;
(3) ascertain Fubon Life's policies and practices in relation to Personal Information;
(4) be informed of the kind of Personal Information held by Fubon Life; and
(5) be informed of the main purposes for which Personal Information held by Fubon Life are to be used;
by sending a written request to the Customer Services Department at Suites 701-705, 7/F, 12 Taikoo Wan Road, Taikoo Shing, Hong Kong. Fubon Life has right under the Ordinance to charge a reasonable fee for complying with such request.